Paul J. Lerch
CPA, RMA, PSA
& Certifications Held:
- B.S. William Paterson University - Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant - State of New Jersey
- Registered Municipal Accountant - State of New Jersey
- Public School Accountant - State of New Jersey
- Post Graduate Work, Municipal Finance & Management - Rutgers University
Areas of Expertise:
charge of audit engagements of several school districts, certain
municipalities, authorities, as well as other governmental entities.
as a consultant in the management services offered to governmental entities, including:
- Computation of rebatable arbitrage in accordance with IRS regulations;
- Cost studies involving privatization of municipal services;
- Management review studies of the financial operations of the business office;
- Financial analysis in connection with labor negotiations and arbitration and preparation of budget projections.
school districts in resolving budget disputes with municipal
governments following a school budget defeat, as well as performs
reviews of per-pupil tuition costs under sending/receiving
school districts in the preparation of their Comprehensive Annual
Financial Report for submission to the Government Finance Officers
Association and the Association of School Business Officials
International for their Certificate of Excellence in Financial
- Participates in the firm's Quality Control Review process by acting as an Inspection Team Captain.
- Assists in the development of the firm's audit programs utilized for governmental audit engagements.
Memberships and Professional Organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Association of Registered Municipal Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association
- New Jersey State Board of Accountancy